If you’re feeling a craving for chocolate cake but baking a whole cake would be a curse in the making, then try this 1-minute microwave mug cake. Yes, it’s indulgent. But at least it just makes one portion, so you definitely won’t end up devouring a whole cake and suffering the predictable guilt afterwards.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mug Cake
- ¼ cup cake flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (or vegetable oil)
- ½ tsp instant espresso (optional)
- ¼ cup plant milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a small bowl. Add the sugar, and mix well.
- Melt the vegan butter (for 30 seconds in the microwave, or in a stainless steel measuring cup on the stove). Stir in the instant coffee granules until completely dissolved. Add the plant milk.
- Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix, and stir until combined (don't overmix), and spoon into a large microwaveable mug.
- Separately, mix the peanut butter with the chocolate chips, and then drop it into the middle of the cake mix, pushing it down until it's level with the batter.
- Microwave on high for one minute, and enjoy!
This recipe is veganised and slightly adapted from FiveHeartHome.