I’m not one to make hummus exactly the same way twice, ever, but I figured I should write down a good hummus recipe to share! It’s such a ubiquitous vegan classic, easy and cheap enough to make at home that you’ll be kicking yourself for ever spending money (and wasteful packaging) on store-bought stuff.
- Food processor
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas or one 400 g can
- 1 clove garlic or 2, if you love garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, spices and salt in the food processor.
- Blend until smooth, then slowly pour the olive oil in while blending, then the water, until you reach the consistency you like.
- Taste, and adjust the seaoning and water.
- Store in the fridge in a jar or airtight containter, for about a week.