I had some beautifully ripe avocados on hand, some Swiss chard sitting in the fridge from a week ago (but still fresh because I had the foresight to de-stem, clean and pack them into airtight bags!) and some limes. Obviously, the answer was creamy avocado spinach pasta!
Here’s the recipe. Keep it for a busy weeknight when you need comfort food.
Avocado Spinach Pasta
- 1 avocado large
- 1 cup spinach or Swiss chard
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- pasta for 4
- Bring a pot of water to boil and get the pasta cooking
- In a blender, Nutribullet or food processor, place the avocado, spinach, lime juice, garlic, nutritional yeast and olive oil and pulse until blended. You might need to scrape it down a couple times.
- Once the pasta is al dente, keep about 1/4 cup of the starchy cooking water aside, and add it to the avo mix. Blend until smooth, and add salt & pepper to taste.
- Add the sauce to the pasta and mix to coat, and serve immediately 🙂