This is one for the garlic lovers, for a weeknight where you need something easy and quick, but delicious and a little decadent.
If you want, you can stir in some baby spinach for extra greens. I used soy milk for the base, as I find it more creamy than other milks, but almond milk should work well too (I wouldn’t use oat milk because it might get a bit gelatinous when cooked).
Creamy Garlic Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp flour
- 6 cloves garlic divided
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups soy milk or other plant milk
- salt to taste
- vegan parmesan to serve, optional
- parsley garnish, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the flour and stir until golden.
- Mince three cloves of the garlic, add it to the suacepan, and cook, stirring, until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to package directions, until al dente.
- Slowly add the stock and milk to the garlic mix, whisking constantly to avoid lumps.
- Cook while stirring for about 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the cooking water, pour the sauce into the pasta pot, and toss to coat.
- Thinly slice the remaining three cloves of garlic, and stir into the pasta.
- Serve with a sprinkling of vegan parmesan (or nutritional yeast) and a garnish of parsley (both optional).