My best days are the ones that start with a smoothie. Really, I function so much better with this boost of nutrients! (In winter, I chase it with hot tea so my body temperature doesn’t take a dip.)
What’s in it?
- Frozen banana for a creamy base (don’t skip freezing the banana – frozen banana chunks are a mainstay in my freezer);
- Strawberries for nostalgic childhood flavours;
- Blueberries for their antioxidants; turmeric for anti-inflammatory powers;
- Oats for sustained energy;
- Flax for Omega-3s;
- Peanut butter for extra protein;
- Dates for extra sweetness (skip this if the fruit is sweet enough for you);
- Soy milk for creamy richness (or just use water).
Berry Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 large banana (peeled and frozen for several hours)
- 1 small handful strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small handful blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh turmeric root (or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or another nut butter)
- 2 dates (optional)
- 1 cup soy milk (or another plant milk)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- If it's too thick, add a bit of water and blend some more.
- Pour and enjoy straight away!
Share this Post