Smoothies have become a regular feature in my daily meals when the weather’s warmer, I like making one in the late morning (I’m a coffee-no-breakfast kind of person). I always keep frozen banana chunks in my freezer, and often other fruit, too. When pineapples are in season, I’ll buy a couple, chop one up and freeze it for smoothies. The rest are all easily available pantry items that keep for months.
Enjoy! and feel free to play around with substitutions 🙂
Pina Colada Smoothie
- 1 banana chunks peeled and frozen overnight
- 1/2 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup oats
- 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/3 cup soy milk or other plant milk
- Place all the ingredients in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!