After I made vegan dog cookies with peanut butter and oats and ended up scraping the bowl clean because they were so good, I thought I should make a version of the cookie for humans, just with a little extra sugar and oil because it’s a treat!
These cookies are simple and delicious, with easy-to-find ingredients.
Peanut Butter Oat Cookies
- 1 large banana (mashed)
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole oats
- 1 cup oat flour (or whole oats, ground into flour)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp bicarb
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and prepare a baking sheet (with baking paper, or lightly greased).
- In a medium bowl, beat the mashed banana, peanut butter, flax egg, melted coconut oil and sugar until smooth.
- Add the oats, oat flour, cinnamon, salt and bicarb and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon small dollops (a heaped teaspoon each) onto the baking sheet, spaced a couple of centimetres apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden-brown.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.