There are many ways to make banana bread, but here’s a super simple one. Feel free to use this as a base, and add some fancy stuff like chopped walnuts, choc chips, or a long slice of banana on top to please the eye.
Simple Banana Bread
- 3 medium bananas overripe, mashed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 170ºC.
- Mix bananas, sugar, flax egg and oil in one bowl (wet mix).
- In another bowl, mix flour, bicarb and salt (dry mix).
- Combine wet and dry—don't overmix.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60min.